What Makes UsDifferent
McKenney Home Care was started by two sisters, Michele McKenney and Patrice Magrath. After successful international careers in healthcare and business, both Michele and Patrice relocated to Naples, Florida. During the transition, they had to worry about their mother’s care while balancing the needs of their families, careers and geographic distances. They know how difficult and stressful this can be. As a result, they agreed to use their knowledge and experience to create a professional private pay Home Health Agency, designed to bring best practices in home health care to SW Florida.
Our Distinguishing Features
- Healthcare and Business Backgrounds – The owners are hands on Managing Members and together with their Director of Nursing offer healthcare and business backgrounds unparalled in the community
- World Renown Medical Advisory Board – McKenney Home Care relies on the input of a world renowned Medical Advisory Board, the Members have long term professional relationships with the Medical Advisory Board Members and rely on them for input on sensitive cases and to bring “best practices” to the Agency
- W-2 Employees with Access to Healthcare – All McKenney Home Care caregivers are W-2 employees that are bonded and insured, they have access to Healthcare through the “Healthiest You” Program and are specifically trained by the Agency to manage individual cases
- ACHC Accreditation – We are accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). ACHC is a third-party accrediting organization that has developed the highest national standards that providers are measured against in order to illustrate their ability to effectively and efficiently deliver quality healthcare services.
- Collaborative Care – We ensure collaboration and communication between client, families and physicians
- Supervisory Visits – Senior Staff conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled supervisory visits to the home
- In House “Skills Lab” – We have an in house simulated home environment and a life like mannequin that we use to assess Caregiver’s skills and to train Caregivers on new skills. Every McKenney Caregiver is required to complete a skills assessment in the “Skills Lab.”
- Real Person On Call – We have a 24/7 on call line which is continuously staffed by one of our staff members. You will not get an answering machine or a call service when you call after hours.
Every family has a story...
The McKenney’s maternal grandmother, Mary Crowley Stadler, emigrated from Ireland as a widow in her mid-twenties. She obtained work in Philadelphia as a caregiver; she enjoyed her position and developed a close relationship with the family she assisted. After her second husband passed away in his late 40s, Mary returned to her profession as a caregiver while she raised her three daughters. She continued in her field until retirement at age 68. This history instilled in Michele and Patrice the need to care for the caregivers as well as the clients. McKenney Home Care caregivers are W-2 employees, they are bonded and insured and fully prepared to be invited into your home.