McKenney Home Care provides homemaker and companion services to seniors and disabled individuals in their homes. Services are flexible and appropriate for our client’s needs including day care, respite care, at home assistance and home companions. Our trained assistants are available on an hourly, daily, weekly or live-in basis. To fully understand client needs, an initial in home assessment is performed by a Registered Nurse who reviews the current needs of the client and develops a plan of services with the client, the family and any other significant caregivers. Three hours minimum is required, care is available 24/7.
Companion Services may include but are not limited to the following in-home services:
- Socialization – Research shows that staying social and engaged increases seniors’ quality of life and prevents depression and cognitive decline. Our caregivers engage clients with friendly company, conversation and mealtime companionship. Activities may include reading, conversation, games, movies, TV viewing, and other appropriate physical activities.
- Transportation – Getting out and about is one way to prevent social isolation, loneliness and depression. We provide transportation incidental to other care services such as getting client to and from appointments, lunches, dinners, movies and shows.
- Home Management – Housekeeping can prolong a person’s ability to live independently at home. We provide light cleaning, changing linens, laundry, washing dishes, trash removal and watering plants. A clean and organized home improves a persons sense of well being and therefore there state of mind.
- Meal Preparation and Companionship – Planning and cooking meals is difficult to do when you are living alone. Having someone join you in these activities is not only pleasant, but improves nutrition which leads to a client’s well being. Purchase of groceries, planning snacks and meals, and following dietary guidelines suggested by physicians or the specific condition of the client are some of the services we offer.
It is the policy of McKenney Home Care that each of our trained assistants is compliant with the following:
- Ensures HIPPA compliance with regard to the Client/Patient and adheres to the standards established by McKenney Home Care
- Maintains current CPR and annual TB testing per company policy
- Adheres to the standards established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (O.S.H.A.)
- Completes McKenney Home Care training programs which ensure ability to understand and work appropriately with clients with one or more chronic conditions
McKenney Home Care is pleased to provide Companion Services in beautiful Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Marco Island and other surrounding communities in Collier and Lee Counties.